Here below there is a checklist for End Users information, catalogue and behaviour which can help the Admin in identifying frauds attempts (click-fraud, abusive behaviours, etc).
We recommend reviewing the information prior to distribution so to make the approval process as smooth and quick as possible, and ultimately to prevent any issue with DSPs other penalties related to Sepulchral Silence Anti Fraud Policy.
User profile and behaviour check
- Empty, incomplete or fake End-User profile information
- Auto-generated and/or generic emails (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Users connecting from multiple IP locations (using VPNs)
- Multiple users sharing the same Paypal account or email
- Generic artists and release names
- Fake artists without real-life existence (social media presence, artist profile verified on the main DSPs, website)
- Generic content, samples, public domain
- Poor artwork quality
- Distribution of only single-song release
- Distribution of mainly instrumental songs, often with 1 single instrument, usually piano (bulk generated audio by rendering midi files into piano or just AI-generated)
- Albums that contain very different styles and artists depending on the track (missing consistency on the release).
- One-track singles or albums with very short songs' length.
- Inconsistency between the streams generated and the number of followers in the DSP's artist profile.